Visits from friends and relatives are an important part of recovery, and we welcome them too. However, please check with the nurse for any specific guidelines regarding visitors in intensive care, maternity, or other special units.
- General visiting hours are from 11 am to 8 pm.
- Visitors should limit their stay to 15 minutes.
- Only two people should visit at a time.
- Visitors may be asked to leave during treatments or examinations.
- Visitors should not bring food or drinks without the physician's permission.
- Visitors should respect other patients' rights to privacy and quiet.
- Visitors must wear shirts and shoes.
- Anyone with a cold, sore throat, or other transmittable illness should not visit.
- Visitors are not allowed overnight stays unless approved by the Director of Nursing.
- Children under 12 must be under constant supervision by an adult and should be limited to a visit of 30 minutes or less.
Cafeteria, gift shop, parking, and after-hours information
Patient confidentiality - The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) governs how we use a patient's private health information. Physicians and hospital staff are not able to discuss a patient's condition with visitors unless the patient has specifically given us permission to do so.
Smoking policy - For the health and safety of our patients, visitors, staff, physicians, and volunteers, absolutely no smoking is permitted inside the hospital. In the interest of better health for all, we support smoking cessation through our Freedom from Smoking classes.
Patient safety - Safety is our number one priority. We encourage patients to remind everyone who comes in contact with them -- including staff and visitors -- about the importance of good hand hygiene. Also, please don't be frightened if you hear alarms; check with a nurse to see if a drill is taking place.