About Wound Care & Hyperbarics Services
After evaluation, the team will begin working on your individualized plan. If an underlying cause, such as diabetes, is diagnosed, the team ensures that the patient's primary physician is managing this underlying cause. Frequent communication between the patient's primary physician and wound physician is essential, and benefits that patient's care in the wound program. Nest, special treatment for the wound itself is ordered. Lastly, the patient and his or her caregivers are then educated about proper wound care and prevention. We will teach you and your loved ones how to care for wounds at home and provide information about nutritiona and exercises that may aid in the healing process and prevent future wounds.
Health First also offers state-of-the-art Hyperbaric services featuring an eight-person, multi-place chamber at our Palm Bay facility. Hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT) has been demonstrated to assist in healing conditions including non-healing diabetic wounds, soft-tissue or bone infections and radiation tissue damage. HBOT may also be used for the primary treatment of diseases such as decompression sickness in SCUBA divers, arterial gas embolism and carbon monoxide poisoning.
Health First Wound Care & Hyperbarics treats patients who may be diagnosed with one of the following medical diagnoses, which are directly related to compromised wound healing:
- Osteomyelitis (refractory)
- Radiation tissue damage
- Crush injury, compartment syndrome, and other acute taumatic ischemias
- Thermal burns
- Skin grafts and flaps (compromised)
- Enhancement of healing in select problem wounds
- Intracranial abscess
- Diabetic wounds of the lower extremities
- Osteoradionecrosis of the jaw
- Venous ulcers
- Arterial ulcers
- Diabetic ulcers
5191 Babcock Street
Palm Bay, FL 32905
Health First accepts cash and major credit cards and many insurance policies listed below.
- Aetna Commercial
- BCBS Commercial
- CIGNA Commercial
- Health First Health Plans Commercial
- Health First Health Plans Medicare
- Medicare - traditional
- Medicaid - non-managed care, traditional
- United Healthcare Commercial
Health First Wound Care & Hyperbarics is accredited by The Joint Commission and by the Undersea Hyperbaric Medical Society.
Health First Wound Care & Hyperbarics offers a multidisciplinary team of professionals including local podiatists, vascular surgeons, internal medicine physicians and general surgeons. This group of physicians is led by Medical Director Dr. Johnny Vasquez, and assisted by an experienced team of Certified Hyperbaric Registered Nurses and Certified Hyperbaric staff to provide an individualized treatment plan of care based on the type of wound and its underlying cause.
- Dr. Sabir Ali - General Surgeon
- Dr. Daniel Cohen - Podiatry
- Dr. Irfan Imami - Vascular Surgeon
- Dr. Paul Durney - Podiatry
- Dr. Marty Brown - Emergency Medicine
- Dr. Jacqueline Llinas - Emergency Room Physician
- Dr. Milan Jockovich - Emergency Room Physician
- Dr. Raj Gutta
- Dr. CJ Bronstema - Emergency Room Physician
- Dr. Jennifer Kolodchak - Emergency Room Physician
Health First Wound Care
We give every patient an individualized plan.