Health First Announces it will Offer Individual and Family Plans
Rockledge, FL (April 16, 2013) — Health First is pleased to announce beginning May 1, 2013, it will offer new individual and family plans. Through Health First Insurance, individual and families will now have the opportunity to join directly and not through an employer.
“These new Health First individual and family plans were created to directly address the needs of our community,” said Health First Health Plans Director of Individual and Marketplace Plans Jason Alford. “With changes in healthcare and so many small business owners, college students, early retirees, self-employed and uninsured individuals on the Space Coast, there is a high demand for more choices.”
Additional benefits of these new plans include:
- Individual and family plan members will receive a full first-year deductible that will reset on the anniversary of the policy—not on January 1.
- Provider network includes Health First’s family of hospitals, doctors and pharmacies, as well as many other providers throughout Brevard and Indian River Counties.
- Gym membership included in all plans.
- Plans will provide online tools to help customers. Benefits include a health assessment to determine health risks, health coaches, case managers and nurses that can be reached via phone or e-mail to help with certain health issues.
- With a Preferred Provider Organization network, plans will expand provider access for members and will offer coverage inside and outside the local network.
- Plans are agreements directly between members and Health First Insurance—giving members the ability to tailor plans based on their specific needs.
- Sales representatives will be available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
For more information, call 321-434-5665, toll-free at 877-904-4914 or visit www.HealthFirstIndividual.org. Licensed agents interested in selling individual plans are welcome to contact Health First online or by phone for information about becoming appointed.
Health First Insurance is a sister company of Health First Health Plans. Health First Health Plans, which is headquartered in Rockledge, has served Brevard County and Indian River Counties with group plans since 1996. With more than 60,000 members, Health First Health Plans is nationally recognized for its customer service.