Health First Orthopedics & Sports Medicine Pleased to Offer Free Youth Sports Injury Prevention Clinic
WHAT: Health First Orthopedics & Sports Medicine is pleased to announce it will present a free Youth Sports Injury Prevention Clinic. The event is for kids, teens and parents involved with youth sports. All attendees will also receive free tickets to the Manatees baseball game that evening.
Please call 321-434-4335 to reserve a spot. Parking for the event will be located at Gate 5.
WHEN: Saturday, August 24 from 4 p.m. – 6 p.m.
The event schedule is as follows:
- 4 p.m. – Registration (outside the main gate on the 2ndfloor)
- 4:30 p.m.– “Preventing Concussions” – Presented by Health First Medical Group Dr. Bruce Thomas
- 4:45 p.m.– “Common Runners and Walkers Injuries” – Presented by Viera Sports Medicine Dr. Bryan Parry
- 5 p.m.– “Heat & Hydration Techniques” – Presented by Health First Medical Group Dr. Ryan Wood
- 5:15 p.m.– Safe Stretching Instruction – Presented by Health First Viera Pro Health & Fitness Physical Therapist Olivier Corbell
- 5:30 p.m.– Autograph signing with baseball players and mascots
- 6 p.m. – Drawing to throw out the first pitch (the Brevard County Manatees will play the Dunedin Blue Jays at 6:35 p.m.)
WHERE: Space Coast Stadium (located at 5800 Stadium Parkway in Viera)
About Health First
Founded in 1995, Health First is a not-for-profit and is Central Florida’s only fully integrated health system and employs more than 7,500 people and has four hospitals (including Holmes Regional Medical Center, Palm Bay Hospital, Cape Canaveral Hospital and Viera Hospital). Health First Health Plans also offers a wide variety of health insurance plan options for Brevard and Indian River Counties. In addition, Health First is home to Brevard County’s only Trauma Center. Health First Medical Group is the largest multi-specialty physician group on the Space Coast. Health First offers numerous outpatient and wellness services, including four Pro-Health and Fitness Centers. Visit www.Health-First.org for more information.