Health First Medical Rehabilitation provides therapy services to patients on Brevard Florida's Space Coast who are hospitalized as well as on an outpatient basis. We provide medical rehabilitation & physicial therapy to patients with a wide variety of diagnoses including orthopedics, trauma, pediatric, neurologic impairments, arthritic conditions, work-related injuries, sports injuries, lymphedema, pelvic dysfunction and cardiovascular impairments.
Working hand-in-hand with primary care physicians, specialists, pediatricians, and occupational medicine physicians, as well as employers and insurance providers, our goal is to return patients to the best possible condition, and promote a healthy and safe lifestyle.
Health First Medical Rehabilitation Locations
611 Sheridan Road, Melbourne 32901.... (321) 434-5231
1350 S. Hickory Street, Zone A, Melbourne 32901.... (321) 434-7182 (Pediatric Specialty Care)
5270 Babcock Street NE, Palm Bay 32905.... (321) 722-5950
8705 N. Wickham Road, Melbourne 32940.... (321) 434-9122
255 Borman Drive, Merritt Island 32953.... (321) 434-5820
Our outpatient clinics are professionally staffed by licensed occupational, physical, and speech therapists who have achieved advanced training or certification in spine rehabilitation, manual therapy, joint mobilization, hand therapy, aquatic therapy, sports therapy, pediatrics, functional capacity assessment, and speech therapy.
Some of the treatment goals of Health First Medical Rehabilitation & Physicial Therapy include:
- Minimizing pain/swelling
- Promoting healing of soft tissue injuries
- Restoring range of motion to joints
- Increasing muscle strength and endurance
- Correcting gait and postural deviations
- Client/family education
- Addressing work, self-care, and leisure roles
- Implementing standards of practice following surgical repairs
We offer some unique rehabilitative services at Health First Medical Rehabilitation, including:
- Pediatric Rehabilitation - through our Pediatric Specialty Clinic, located at Holmes Regional Medical Center in Melbourne. Our staff has been trained to work with infants, children and teens with a wide range of diagnoses. We provide treatment for speech, fluency, communication, swallowing, sensory integration, ADLs, positioning and mobility. The therapists focus on improving the function of their patients and create individually-designed programs for each client.
- Pelvic Dysfunction Treatment Program - A comprehensive treatment program for the management of Pelvic Dysfunction, offered in our outpatient clinics in Melbourne, Palm Bay, and Viera. Our program is conducted by licensed physical therapists who have specialized training in the management of incontinence, and pelvic pain, which may be due to factors that include (but are not limited to) trauma, surgery, childbirth, infection, medication, stress and/or muscle spasms. Treatment can include pelvic muscle re-education, biofeedback, electrical stimulation, bladder retraining and behavior modification.
- Decongestive Therapy Management for Lymphedema - A complete Decongestive Therapy Management for Lymphedema, offered in our Melbourne and Viera outpatient clinics. This comprehensive therapeutic program is for patients with Lymphedema resulting from surgery, radiation, trauma, infection, stage 2 chronic venous insufficiency, malignancy, or congenital malformation of the lymphatic system. Program components include skin and nail care, manual lymph drainage, compression, and therapeutic exercise.
- The Lebed Method - The Lebed Method, an international, medically-based licensed therapeutic dance exercise program effective for cancer survivors and those with chronic conditions such as fibromyalgia, arthritis, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's disease, and stroke. Published studies support the effectiveness of this program for improving balance, range of motion and overall emotional well-being, as well as reducing the effects of lymphedema. Call 321-434-5231 for location, time, and program details.
With locations throughout Brevard, our outpatient facilities in Melbourne, Merritt Island, Palm Bay, and Viera are conveniently located within our Pro-Health & Fitness Centers, providing our patients with access to the most comprehensive fitness facilities in Brevard.
For more information on treating - and preventing - work-related injuries, visit Health First Occupational Medicine.
Health First Occupational Medicine