Holmes Regional Medical Center & Advanced Neurological Care
Holmes Regional Medical Center located in Brevard County FL, provides a wide-range of Neuro-Interventional treatment options to treat cerebrovascular diseases, many that are not available anywhere else in the Space Coast. Using state-of-the-art imaging equipment, along with various devices including; micro-catheters; micro-guidewires; balloon catheters, stents; and embolic materials such as glue, particles, and detachable coils. Holmes provides advanced neurological care for:
- Treatment of Intracranial aneurysms with coils
- Acute stroke Intervention with intra-arterial thrombolysis and mechanical clot retrieval
- Arterio-venous brain malformations (AVMs)
- Carotid-cavernous fistulas (CCFs)
- Dural arterio-venous fistulas (DAVFs)
- Vasospasm after subarachnoid hemorrhage (SAH)
- Traumatic head and neck vascular injuries (dissection and pseudo-aneurysms)
- Angioplasty and stenting of intracranial vessels
What is Interventional Neuroradiology?
Interventional Neuroradiology, also known as Interventional Neurosurgery, is a medical subspecialty focused on minimally invasive treatment of blood vessel diseases of the brain and spine through small tubes or catheters that are usually inserted through the patient’s groin artery, much like cardiac angiography or catheterization. However, the micro-catheters used for Neuro-Interventional procedures travel much further, to the point of injury or disease in an artery or vein in the brain or spine.
Following an angiogram, a map of the blood vessels is created showing any abnormalities in the blood vessels. This map then allows for precise placement of various devices deep into the brain or spinal canal. The Neuro-Interventionalist is then able to treat the injury or disease, guided by X-ray.