Choosing a Group Plan
Also known as "commercial" plans, our Access Plan, HMO, POS, and TPA/ASO health benefit plans are available as an employee benefit for businesses on Central Florida's east coast. Note: Business must be based in our service area, which is Brevard and Indian River Counties in Florida.
- Access Plan: Our new large group Access Plan is a great option for members who are looking for a hybrid plan that combines the best features of a PPO Plan and an HMO Plan. This plan can save members money when accessing in-network providers compared to some more expensive plans, offer more geographic network flexibility, and provide the ability to receive care from a larger network of specialists and outpatient services.
- HMO Plans: These options feature low copayments for services provided in our extensive network, and world-wide urgent and emergency care. Options include high deductible plans compatible with Health Savings Accounts to offer tax savings.
- POS Plans: These plans feature low copayments at network providers, plus the option of receiving care outside of our network, and world-wide urgent and emergency care. Options include high deductible plans compatible with Health Savings Accounts to offer tax savings.
- TPA (Third-Party Administered)/ASO (Administrative Services Only) Plans: For companies who prefer to self-insure. Contact us for more information.
- PPO Plan: While our core provider network still features the area's premier providers, our new group PPO plans offer an expanded, nationwide network—and it's available at the same cost share as the local network!
Don't hesitate to Contact Us. We can help you choose a plan that is right for you.
Reasons for Choosing Health First Health Plans Commercial (Group) Health Plans
We have the distinct advantage of being an Integrated Delivery Network (IDN). As the provider of service and the insurer, Health First Health Plans is much more than just an "insurance company"; we are able to put our members at the center of everything we do.
- We feature the county's only level-three trauma center, as well as one of Florida's only 5-star rated hospitals and a network of over 4,000 physicians and 29 acute care hospitals. Health First has long been recognized as the premiere delivery system in Brevard County.
- We have a focus on keeping our members healthy: Offering a wide range of wellness programs and initiatives to help our members achieve and maintain a healthy lifestyle, and supported with memberships at fitness centers/health clubs at no additional cost. No one is more committed to the health of their members than Heath First Health Plans.
- The strength of our network and status as an Integrated Delivery Network (IDN) allows us to pass on the inherent savings of such a model to our customers (and members) in terms of more competitive new business premiums, and the strongest renewals in the market. Our ability to more effectively manage costs allows our customers to benefit from more predictable and sustainable premiums over the long haul.
- We have a strong history of commitment to the communities we serve: Health First has been serving Brevard County residents since 1995. We are the one of the largest employers in the county, and have given back to our neighbors and the citizens of Brevard in very meaningful ways. In 2016, Health First provided $33 million in uncompensated care through our system, and contributed over $1.7 million to local charities and organizations.